Thursday, October 20, 2011

Waiting on the Lord!


We have been in the UK for 18 months now and are still (!!) waiting on God to reveal His purposes and plans for us here. It is, quite frankly, exhausting! We feel frustrated, disheartened, disillusioned. We have prayed, and asked, and waited. And we are still waiting. And waiting. We question why? What's the point of praying? We have suggested options to the Lord. But He seems to remain distant and silent. To be honest, I have come close to losing my faith in His ability to answer and provide.


This morning I read a devotional I receive daily from Alpha and Omega publications daily-focus  
Does your faith limit God in what He can or cannot do in your life? Are you willing to be still and know that He is God (Psalm 46:10)? God knows what He is doing, and the last thing He needs is your advice. He is waiting to see if you will trust and believe in Him for the impossible, instead of telling Him what to do. Will you trust Him today for the answers you need?

Lord, you are a great and mighty God who doesn't need my help or advice. Forgive me for telling You what to do and limiting what You want to do in my life. Help me today to trust in Your way and Your will. In Jesus' name, Amen.



Friends recently went on a church camp. The speaker was Mike Endicott. He made the following comment: When we come to God, we should give Him our problem and not the solution (paraphrased). 
I have found in my prayers, that I am quick to tell God what/how the problem should be solved, instead of leaving the problem with Him and waiting (Urgg! The dreaded word!) - let's rather say, "Trusting" Him to solve it in the way He knows is best.


So, today, I choose to trust...yes and to wait! Our God is faithful!


 God wants to carry us through our efforts in serving Him. 
theworshipdare.wordpress.com

Isaiah 40:31

New International Version (NIV)

31 but those who hope (wait on) in the LORD
   will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
   they will run and not grow weary, `
   they will walk and not be faint. (parenthesis mine)

1 comment:

  1. This post really brought tears to my eyes Desiree! I know exactly how you feel in all your doubting and questioning as we have been in that position too in the past. God speaking to you through that study is beautiful. Know that we as a family pray daily for you.

    Bless you my friend,
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete