Sunday, November 27, 2011

Liebster Award

OK, so,  Blogging was never something I thought I'd really get into. I am on Facebook (can hear the gasps of horror - Lol :) and I quite enjoy the instant contact with my friends and family around the world
But, since moving to England last year, I have realized I have friends who are not on Facebook, who would love to hear how we are doing here in our new home. And so we started this blog. I am not much of a writer (Gary and Sarah are the writers in our family), but I must admit, I quite like this form of digital journaling :)

I met my friend, Shirley, online, through a home education email loop and we made contact as we were both on the same journey of leaving South Africa to England. We have only met twice - once in Cape Town and once at their home in England. And I am once again amazed and reminded that sisters in Christ have Him in common and are family :) We have formed a lovely friendship and I am inspired and encouraged by her. (It was Shirley who shivvied me along to keep my blog going when it had lain fallow for a while and  for those whose mouths hung open on the news of me knitting...well, once again it was Shirley's inspiration - she is an avid knitter and handworker.)


Shirley from Under an English Sky nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award - thank you Shirley ;o)

Now Shirley shared that the word 'Liebster' is a German word which means 'dearest'. The Liebster Blog award is given to up and coming blogs with 200 or less followers,

So, the way this award works is to link back to the nominator - that would be Shirley ;o) 

The next thing is to share 5 other inspiring blogs - all of whom have less than 200 followers. Leave a comment on their blogs and let them know that they are nominated for this cute award.

THEN... post the award on your blog and enjoy the warm fuzzy feeling of friendship shared over the miles!

So, my five nominees are:



1) Patrizia at Our Home Education Journey - Patrizia has been home educating her 2 boys for just over a year now. She is an amazing example of perservering in finding what really works for her boys. And i have discovered many resources through her efforts ;)


2) Natalie - a friend from college days...oh, so many moons back ;) Natalie has adopted a little    treasure and this blog is her story.


3) Adele, at Life at Avalon - Adele is a stalwart home educator, almost at the end of her home 
education journey. But this blog includes their life on a small holding in Stutterheim, South 
Africa, with beautiful photos of "home"


4) Another amazing home educating mum, is Cathy. She is a fountain of knowledge and   
inspiration to many home educators. 


5) I have never met the author of Elastic Mom - I think she lives in South Africa and has beautiful pictures of their life on a farm.But what I appreciate the most, are her ideas for simple, frugal living.


I have discovered many other blogs through reading your blogs - and look forward to seeing who you nominate for new reading :)


With all my love
desiree

5 comments:

  1. Hey thanks Desiree. That is very kind of you.... although I suppose that to be entirely accurate, you needed to list my Blog rather than my website? Problem is that I don't get around to writing that much there! Anyway, it is: http://unschooledlearning.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Desiree for the nomination. Yes, I do live in South Africa. We also home educate, and Shirley is a friend of mine too. I write two blogs: Elastic Mom, which is about stretching resources, and another, more personal one, Nothing Ventured, about our life on the farm. It is at

    http://lotsgained.blogspot.com/

    I so appreciate the encouragement. We have been through a tough time lately, so I have been quiet on my blogs. But as soon as I am back to normal, I will pass on the award.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Desiree, what a "small world"! Partizia nominated me so I popped onto your blog to find that you nominated my sister (Elastic Mom) and that you were nominated by Shirley who is one of my best friends! Her two girls are our God-daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your prayers. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Desiree, what a lovely surprise (and compliment!) Only prob is now I have to find blogs with less than 200 followers to nominate as well . Will have to get crackin' ;-)

    ~ Adele

    ReplyDelete