Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Our privilege...and responsibility

One of my Facebook friends posted the following as her status:


Our children's characters are being moulded everyday; the question is, by whom? God's Word clearly states that these 6 things constitute your job description as a parent: 1. INSTRUCT THEM (Deut 6:6-7) 2. TRAIN THEM (Pro 22:6) 3. PROVIDE FOR THEM (2 Cor 12:14) 4. NURTURE THEM (Eph 6:4) 5. DISCIPLINE THEM (1 Tim 3:4) 6. LOVE THEM (Titus 2:4). The truth is that we have no greater responsibility


Wow! What a privilege and responsibility we have!


I thank the Lord that we have the opportunity and privilege to home educate our girls - 
..to instruct and train them in the ways of the Lord, to see their understanding of the Word and our Lord grow, to be able to search the Scriptures with them and find answers to the their questions

...to provide for, nurture and love them... I love having them at home with me, around me and a part of my day...to hug and snuggle and comfort at any time of the day...to listen to them talk, play, sing...


...and yes, to discipline them...because we love them so much and desire to see them becoming the women of God they are intended to be 


I have seen the village .... and I do not want it raising my children.




What books have you read recently to aid you in the above?
I have just finished James Dobson's "Bringing up girls":
Bringing Up Girls:  Practical Advice and Encouragement for Those Shaping the Next Generation of Women


And am halfway through Tedd Tripp's "Shepherding a Child's Heart"

No comments:

Post a Comment