Thursday, January 27, 2011

Birthday

I celebrated my 40th in August. My birthday fell on August Bank holiday. We invited friends to a picnic at Ashton Court - an old estate that used to belong to the Smythe family - now belongs to the council and is open to the public. We had a lovely, sunny day with our friends.
My mom






An added bonus was that my parents came to Bristol for 2 weeks - we did some travelling to Bath and Wales and they were here to celebrate with me!
Roman Baths in Wales


On a barge on the Avon River, Bath

My folks - listening to an organ recital in Bath Abbey


Famous Clifton Suspension Brisge designed by Isambard Kingdom Brunel

Closest "beach" - Weston Super Mare (or Super Mud!)

Victorian Pier in Clevedon

Bath Cathedral

Ashton Court




 While my parents were here, they also watched Sarah and Alexandra act in a summer theatre workshop production of The Wizz (Wizard of Oz)

No comments:

Post a Comment